We spirits are curious things, Zero. We all have a purpose to fulfill, and each of us represents something. And I hope you can figure out what you represent, too. Guess you can figure that out while you're off putting the whole world back together.
Soma Union is a galaxy-spanning RPG that returns to the world of Soma! ...or so it would, if your planet had not been destroyed in a great calamity. As you roam through the cosmos to find the missing fragments of your home world, you'll meet a colorful cast of characters and make important choices that may not be as clear as they seem.
Look forward to the following features!
- Embark on a galaxy-spanning quest to put your home world back together again, because this planet can't seem to catch a break, apparently.
- Role system that changes your characters' roles in battle: Fight your enemies with the damage-dealing Power role, or enhance other party members' abilities with the Support role!
- Unleash powerful Spirit abilities regardless of your current role to turn the tide of battle!
- Collect valuable Power Gems to skip enemy encounters with the push of a button... or tough it out and exchange them for rare prizes!
- Fully custom visuals. And a stellar soundtrack by SpecialAgentApe
- 10+ hours of good ol' son-of-a-gun RPG gameplay.
- Funny jokes. The heehees and the hawhaws.
Zero is a spirit living aboard the Starship Virtue. They are a shy and reluctant spirit who doesn't cause too much trouble around the ship and is usually seen doing odd jobs. Unlike the other spirits on the Virtue who all represent an emotion or an aspect, Zero is not quite sure what they are the spirit of. Given the right task, say putting Soma back together for instance, Zero might be inclined to discover that for themself.
Reca is a spry and energetic acorn residing in the Garden Dome aboard the Starship Virtue. Hoping to become the new protector of Soma's forests once it is restored, she is always seen working hard and taking charge around the ship. It might take a few good friends to keep her ambitions in check, though.
Lumen is the chief doctor and a valuable source of information aboard the Virtue, when he's in the mood to fit the job. Not quite satisfied with his life's path, Lumen might not always seem like the most pleasant person to talk to. It takes a fair amount of trust for him to open up, and perhaps there is more to him that he is willing to let on.
Soma Union is complete as of August 2021 and is now available as a free download! We hope you'll enjoy this passion project. And hey, let us know what you think of it!
Lead Developer: Sgt M
Composer: Agent Ape - Check out the OST on Bandcamp!
Testers: audzwack, MariettaRC, LadyTe, unityRPG, Agent Ape
With Scripts By: Tsukihime, Yanfly, biloumaster, Zeus81, Enterbrain, V.M. of D.T., Craze, DerTraveler, Zerbu, Galv, Nelderson, Glasses. (A full list of script credits may be found in the readme file)